March 26, 2024

Are allergies an epidemic? How to identify if your baby is allergic?


Why are more and more children developing allergies?

Allergies, simply put, are when a foreign substance called an allergen enters the body through the eyes, nose, lungs, stomach, or skin.

If you are sensitive to an allergen, the immune system cells in that area respond by releasing a chemical called histamine, which stimulates cells in that area of ​​the body. 嬰兒皮膚過敏The original purpose of this stimulation is to turn the allergy away. The source is flushed out of the body or neutralized, but unfortunately, it can also trigger our allergy symptoms.

Another point is that family history also plays an important role in allergic reactions. If one parent suffers from allergic rhinitis or dermatitis, the child has a 25% chance of developing the same allergy; if both parents suffer from allergies, then, The probability of a child developing allergies increases to 75%.

What are the common allergies in babies?

There are various forms and degrees of allergic reactions, and allergic diseases are also a series of diseases, including allergic rhinitis, asthma, conjunctivitis, eczema, food allergies, drug allergies, etc. According to the performance of the attack, it can be divided into

1. Immediate allergy

That is, acute allergy, in which a child develops symptoms such as hives, respiratory distress, sneezing, nasal congestion, and runny nose within a few hours after eating a certain food, coming into contact with flowers, plants, or certain items.

2. Delayed allergy

The above allergic reactions generally occur within 2-3 days. If diarrhea, abdominal pain, crying, rash and other reactions occur after adding complementary foods to the baby, parents must trace the food the baby has eaten within the past 3 days. Whether you have been exposed to food you have not eaten before.

How to identify if your baby is allergic?

For children with allergic diseases, parents are most concerned about how to accurately identify them. If the baby is in the breast milk or mixed feeding stage, if you want to determine whether you are allergic to cow's milk protein, you can judge by observing the urine and stool.

Observe whether there is mucus or blood in the stool; whether the frequency of urination is less than the number of feedings. If it is less than 6 times, parents should be alert;

For babies with cow's milk protein allergy or lactose intolerance, doctors can usually judge based on the baby's symptoms or family history.

Therefore, there is a certain degree of uncertainty in the above tests. The gold standard for diagnosing babies with milk protein allergy is: food avoidance/provocation test. Specifically, it is:

1. Exclusive breastfeeding

If the baby is exclusively breastfed, the mother should strictly avoid milk protein foods for about 2 weeks.

2. Babies fed formula milk or mixed feeding

Change milk powder under the guidance of a doctor for about 2 weeks. After two weeks, if the baby's symptoms subside, the mother can try not avoiding food and switching back to normal milk powder. If the baby's symptoms worsen, it means the baby is allergic to milk protein.

Allergy is a process of constant development and change. For the diagnosis and treatment of Minbao, parents need to carry out early detection, early diagnosis, standardized treatment, regular monitoring, long-term management and full care under the guidance of a doctor, in order to be able to understand the progress of the baby's allergic disease. Achieve good control.


Related articles:

4 Major Symptoms of Infant Allergy, Parents Should Discover and Treat Correctly in Time

Does your baby always have allergies? Mostly due to insufficient care

Baby allergies, defecation prediction

Posted by: xiangqiandf at 08:05 AM | No Comments | Add Comment
Post contains 606 words, total size 5 kb.




What colour is a green orange?




14kb generated in CPU 0.0071, elapsed 0.0329 seconds.
35 queries taking 0.0269 seconds, 64 records returned.
Powered by Minx 1.1.6c-pink.